Guwahati ( Assam ) , Mar 21 : Assam & Meghalaya after months has recorded 2 more Covid deaths in the past 24 hours .
On Sunday , a 50-year-old man identified Monahar Gorh succumbed to COVID-19 at Silchar Medical College . This is the first death in Assam since Jan this year .
Moreover , 27 people tested Covid positive in State on Sunday .
On Saturday, one person from Ri Bhoi district succumbed to Covid -19 at Woodland Hospital in Shillong almost 40 days after on no deaths were reported in the state . The state also reported 4 new cases on Saturday .
The health ministry has directed all states to step up measures and implement all Covid-19 protocols, especially in public places to contain the spread of the virus.
The fear in Assam in the forthcoming Assembly elections with rallies being organised in different parts of the state ahead of the Assam Assembly elections, there is every possibility of the virus spreading among the masses .
With large election rallies being held in different parts of the state ahead of the Assam Assembly elections, there is a possibility of the virus spreading among the public.
Former state minister and BJP candidate of Golaghat constituency Ajanta Neog has also tested positive for Covid-19 for the second time.
Majority of the people at the meetings are without masks.
Meanwhile , both Assam and Meghalaya have come up revised protocols due to sudden increase of Covid cases in the country .
In an order issued by the Kailash Kartik N Deputy Commissioner, Kamrup Metro it has been stated that wearing of face cover has been made compulsory by the Government of India in all public places as part of the national directives of Covid-19 management.
Further mentioning that persons who are not complying with the directions for use of face cover will be fined for Rs 500 in the first, second and third attempt while Rs 1000 for subsequent violations. The order comes into effect immediately until further order.
The order stated, the Government of Assam, in exercise of the power conferred under the Epidemic Diseases Act 1897, has framed the Assam COVID- 19 Regulations, 2020 for prevention and containment COVID-19.
The following measures have been compiled for the general population within the State of Assam, in order to safeguard human life and health:
1. All persons moving for whatsoever purpose and under whatever reason/authority in public places like street, hospital, office, market, etc must compulsorily wear a 3-ply mask or cloth mask. In absence of a mask, a gomocha or any other traditionally woven cloth in at least two layers that completely cover the mouth and nose can also be used.
2. No person/official will attend any meeting/gathering without wearing masks.
3. Any person moving around in a personal/ official/ public vehicle must be wearing masks compulsory.
4. Any person working at any site/ office/ workplace must wear masks.
5. Masks used by one person shall not be used by any other person. 6. Disposable or single-use masks shall be properly disposed of by following due procedure. Cloth masks should be washed properly with soap and hot water and dried, after every single use. It will be the responsibility of the employer to ensure that his/ her employees wear the 3- ply mask or cloth musk without fail.
Anybody violating these instructions on the use of face cover will be punishable under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code. All police officers not below the rank of Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police shall compound the offense on payment of rupees five hundred for the first, second and third offense and on payment of one thousand rupees for the subsequent offenses. Fines thus collected shall be deposited into Government Treasury through treasury challan.
Leave a Reply