Shillong ( Meghalaya ), Aug 17 : In view of the prevailing law and order situation, District Magistrate East Khasi Hills , Ms Isawanda Laloo has ordered relaxation of the Curfew in Shillong Agglomeration w.e.f 5:00 AM to 4:00 PM of the 18th of August, 2021 and will be REIMPOSED w.e.f 4:00 PM of the 18th of August, 2021 until further orders.
During the period of Relaxation of Curfew (5:00 AM to 4:00 PM of the 18th of August, 2021), the following activities will be permitted:-
1. Opening of essential and non-essential shops till 3:00 PM. Regulation of shops will be vide separate Order.
2. State and Central Government Offices, banks, offices of Educational Institutions and private offices which have already obtained permission will be permitted at 30% strength and shall close by 3:00 PM sharp.
3. Inter and Intra District movement of vehicles only having valid passes.
4. Movement of commercial vehicle will be permitted and regulated via separate order.
5. Any public gathering, public meeting, rally, etc is not permitted.
6. Only activities permitted by the Government vide Home (Political) Department Order
No.POL.75/2020/Pt.I/109 dated 13.08.2021 as part of COVID-19 Regulations, will be permitted.
During the period of curfew (4:00 PM of the 18th of August, 2021 onwards till further orders),
The following will be prohibited:-
1. Any public and vehicle movement.
2. Offices, shops and establishments, and all educational institutions will remain closed.
3. No kind of gathering, public meeting or rally may be held.
1. Medical emergencies.
2. Covid-19 and hospital duty.
3. Officers and staff of DIPR.
4. Municipal Essential Services.
5. MeECL Maintenance and Grid operations.
6. Press and Media ( With valid Passes issued by DIPR)