Shillong(Meghalaya), Sept 5 : Meghalaya also joined hands with the rest of India to celebrate the 61 st Teacher’s Day today, the 5 th September, 2022 with great fervour and exuberance.
The Education Department, Meghalaya, celebrated the day at U Soso Tham Auditorium, here in presence of the Minister of Education,Lahkmen Rymbui as the Chief Guest.
While lauding the dedication of the teaching community of the State particularly during the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, where teachers played tremendous role in reaching out to the students through technology, the Minister said that it was not easy for teachers to transform formal classroom teaching to online teaching, yet with their hard work they were able to overcome all these hardships in providing the best services to the students.
Acknowledging that teachers face numerous other challenges such as pay disparity and untimely disbursement of salary, the Minister reiterated the government’s commitment and continuous efforts in addressing these issues.
He also stressed on the need for teachers to come up with various innovative methods for holistic development of the students.
The Minister also congratulated Smti. Gamchi Timre R Marak, Head Teacher Educere Higher Secondary School, Williamnagar for being conferred the National Teacher Award 2022.
The Government honoured 13 mentors on Teachers Day in recognition of their dedicated services.
1. Smti Lasubon Shullai, Assistant Teacher, Laittyra UP School, Laittyra
2. Shri. Dibiland Iawphniaw, Headmaster, Malaisohmat UP School, Phlangwanbroi
3. Smti. Sidamon Kurbah, Headmistress, Wahrit Govt. UP School
4. Smti. Bioles Lyngdoh, Assistant Teacher, Mawthawpdah (Def) UP School Mawthawpdah
5. Dipak Kumar Saha, Assistant Teacher, Govt. Boys’ Higher Secondary School, Jowai
6. Arun Kumar, Principal, Seinjait Tuber HS School, Tuber Kmaishnong
7. T P Tmung, Principal Umroi Presbyterian HS School, Umroi
8 .Jeremias Kharbani, Headmaster, Mangsang Secondary School, East Garo Hills
9. Dominic Marak, Assistant Teacher, Don Bosco HS School, Mendal
10. Jairaj Chetry, Headmaster, Gorkha Deficit UP School, Tura
11. Smti. Hezillina T Sangma, Head Teacher, Akkonggre Govt. LP School
12. Smti. Dewbarlinda B Sangma, Headmistress, Ampati Deficit UP School
13. Lindstorm K Marak, Headmaster, Rugapara Deficit Secondary School
Besides the State Teachers’ Award, District Award was also conferred on 33 teachers from across the State. From East Khasi Hills, the District Award was presented to Smti. V Dipali Sharma Rao, Principal, Laban Assamese Girls’ HS School, Laban, for the Secondary Section Smti. Philosimai Syiem, Assistant Teacher, Nongkrem Govt. UP School, Nongkrem for the Upper Primary Section and Smti. Belinda Kharsati, Head Teacher, Pomlahier LP School for the Lower Primary Section.
Special Award (Inclusive Schools) was conferred upon Smti. Josephine Lyngdoh, Special Educator, Mary Rice Centre for Special Education, Laitumkhrah, Habandamon Rani of Seng Khasi HS School, and Smti. Deigracia A Shylla of Holy Child HS School, received the Scoutmaster and Guide award respectively.
Leave a Reply