Shillong(Meghalaya) .April 20 : In pursuance to the order from Home (Political) Department, Meghalaya, the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District has in an order issued on 19th April, 2021 imposed the following restrictions for all areas falling within Shillong Urban Agglomeration i.e whole of Municipal area, whole of Cantonment area, all areas under Mawlai C&RD Block including Census Towns, Mawpat C&RD Block including Census Towns, Mylliem C&RD Block from Umshyrpi Bridge upto 7th Mile, Upper Shillong including, Madanrting, Mawblei, Laitkor, Nongkseh, Umlyngka, Lawsohtun, Mawdiangdiang, Diengiong and Siejiong:-
1. All public functions and social/private gatherings are hereby prohibited till further orders.
2. Funerals and funeral services are permitted subject to a maximum of 50 persons attending and with intimation to the office of the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District.
3. Weddings are permitted subject to application to the office of the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District. Wedding ceremonies in churches will be per SOP for religious places of worship, i.e., attendance of not more than 50% of the capacity of the church, while wedding receptions will be subject to a maximum of 50 guests.
4. Any other program of an urgent and unavoidable nature may be considered only upon application to the office of the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills District.
5. Religious places of worship may continue to function at 50% of the seating capacity.
6. Hotels and restaurants will open at 50% seating capacity. Any violation and non-compliance to SOPs will make the establishment liable for closure. People are advised to avail home delivery and takeaway service.
7. Shops and markets are allowed to open. However, non-compliance to protocols including maintenance of distancing, mask-wearing and hand hygiene will result in closure of the establishment. Street vendors and hawkers will comply assiduously to COVID-19 safety protocols and social distancing is to be properly maintained. Area-wise/ market-wise restrictions and regulations as recommended by concerned Incident Commanders/appropriate authority/as per orders of the District Magistrate will apply.
8. Sporting activities are permitted, subject to SOPs already issued. However, no spectators are allowed.
9. Attendance at State Government, Central Government and Private Offices will be as per Order of the Home (Political) Department dated 19th April, 2021.
10. All application may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com or at the PFC, Ground Floor, Deputy Commissioner’s Office, Shillong. (MIPR)