Guwahati (Assam), June 15 : 34 more Covid – 19 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours while a total of 3415 new cases were detected .
Kamrup Metro reported 204 new cases .
The figures were arrived at after aconducting 1,32, 929 tests .
Chief Minister Dr, Himanta Biswa Sarma in a tweet said that the overall positivity percentage for the day was 2.57% and recovery rate stood at 90.31%.
Summary of 15/6/2021
Today’s Total 3415
Overall Positivity Percentage (3415 cases out of 1,32,929 test done = 2.57%)
Recovery Rate 90.31%
— Himanta Biswa Sarma (@himantabiswa) June 15, 2021
Meanwhile , Health Minister Keshab Mahanta informed that the government has taken strict consideration of 5 districts which have shown an increase in daily Covid-19 cases.
Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sonitpur, and Nagaon are the 5 districts that have shown an increase in new cases.
He said that if by June 21 the situation doesn’t improve then total lockdown may be imposed .
*Inter-District Movement banned till 22nd June.
* Relaxation in Kamrup (M) – Curfew from 2:00 PM; Shops & Establishments to close down at 1:00 PM
* Districts like, South Salamara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, and Charaideo have reported less than 400 daily cases.
* Curfew in the above-mentioned districts will be from 5 PM to 5 AM.
The curfew will be observed from: * 2 PM to 5 AM daily in Kamrup Metropolitan District considering the decreasing trend of COYID-19 cases.
* 5 PM to 5 AM daily in South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, and Charaideo districts as the positive cases are showing less than 400 cumulatively in last 10 days .
* In the districts other than the districts mentioned above there will be no change in timing (1 PM to 5 AM). Districts where the total number of cumulative cases and per day cases are still showing persistently high numbers, especially Cachar, Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sonitpur, and Nagaon will be under close watch till 2151 June 2021.
In the case of non-improvement in the COVID status in these districts, stricter restrictions may follow. Government and Private Offices/Establishments, Shops and commercial establishments, Restaurants, Dhabas, and other eateries, Restaurants operating within a Hotel or Resort and Sale counters, showrooms, etc. of Cold storages and warehouses will be functional till: * 1 PM in Kamrup Metropolitan district * 4 PM in Districts with less than 400 positive cases in last I 0 days * 12 PM in the rest of the districts.
* All inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall continue to remain suspended.
* All Government and Private Employees who have taken both doses of COVID-19 vaccine have to attend office mandatorily. Government/semi-government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in the Non-Government sector along with their key support staff will have to attend the office for emergency and urgent works irrespective of their vaccination status.
The organizations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services, and Election work will continue working without any restrictions. Other restrictions including the odd-even formula for plying of vehicles in urban areas, declaration of containment zones, etc., and exemptions as included in the Order of June 4, 2021, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.