Shillong ( Meghalaya ), April 13 : The IMD has forecast , thunderstorm accompanied with lightning and heavy to very heavy rainfall is at isolated places in East Khasi Hills District on Thursday and Friday .
In an advisory , DC , East Khasi Hills and Chairperson DDMA Ms. I Laloo said, this is to inform all public as per IMD weather forecast , there will be thunderstorm accompanied with lightning and heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places in East Khasi Hills District on the 14th & 15tli April, 2022 and therefore .,people are required to take the following necessary precautions and extra care to avoid any incidences:
1. Ensure safe keeping of all objects such as lumber piles, loose steel sheets, loose bricks, garbage cai1s, signal boards which are likely to be blown away in strong wind.
2. Switch off all electrical appliances like electrics , mobile charger, television set etc. if the lightning persists.
3. People ar e required to take extra care during heavy rainfall as there is a likelihood of flash floods, especially in areas near the rivers and streams.
4 . People a1so requested not to go near the waters or walk through moving water and stay away from streams,, drains, culverts, rivers and waterfalls, etc. Currents can be deceptive and shallow, fast moving water can knock you off your feet.
5. Don’t drive through flooded areas and stay away from electric poles or power lines to avoid electrocution.
6. Do not venture into streams , rivers and waterfalls.
Leave a Reply