Tura(Meghalaya ) , May 30: The Non Gazetted Employees Association (NGEA), on Sunday has demanded the removal of the principal secretary of the GHADC, HA Sangma, saying that the latter had already completed tenure .
In a press -release , they said , HA Sangma was due to retire in the month of April 2021 but his services have continued to be extended by the Executive Committee.
According to them this was the third time that the service of Sangma has been extended with following any due process of law .
The NGEA also condemned the principal secretary for what they termed fabricated and baseless FIR filed against the leaders when he was the person who had encouraged them to protest and fight for the implementation of the 5th pay commission salaries in GHADC.
“This was duly approved Mar 19, 2018 by the previous EC after they agreed to his advice. Now he is filing a counter FIR against us for his personal benefits. Moreover he is scared that at any point of time he may be thrown out of GHADC so he is indulging in dirty politics just to please,” they alleged.
They also charged Sangma of bringing in outsiders to work in the GHADC office illegally through the back door, fearing a backlash from the employees.
They further questioned the secretary’s role in the Rs 100.71 crore central fund misappropriation, alleging that most of the work allocated was still to be completed. While 60% of the funds were given prior to the start of work, the whereabouts of the other 40% still remains a mystery.
“It was him who signed off all the relevant documents and he is answerable and responsible for the missing 40% of central funds. He needs to clarify to the public as to where the money is,” they asserted.
The principal secretary had earlier filed a show cause notice to the leaders of the NGEA accusing them of being politically motivated after a non-employee gave a ‘flaring’ speech on the current situation.
On the matter, the NGEA accused the secretary of trying to suppress their voices through the show cause while also asking him to prove that the movement for their salaries is in any way political in nature.
“Instead of issuing show cause notice on flimsy grounds, he should support his junior staffs who are starving. We are not asking for a new country and are only demanding what is our rightful due. Anyone can come forward to support us so that does not make us politically affiliated. We dare him to prove his charge,” they challenged.
Leave a Reply