Shillong(Meghalaya), June 18 : The state Cabinet which met today approved the following :
1. Cabinet approved the amendment of the Meghalaya Civil Service Rules 1975 to incorporate the sub-rule for the addition of marks obtained by MCS Officers during the induction training at the Meghalaya Administrative Training Institute (MATI) to marks secured in the competitive exam by MPSC to determine Officers’ ranking and seniority.
2. Cabinet has approved the appointment of U N Madan Retd. Chief Engineer (Projects), MePDCL as the next OSD (Technical) under Power Department on contractual basis for a period of 3 years.
3. Cabinet approved the retention of registration mark of old motor vehicles on a new vehicle after the sale or scrapping of the old vehicle. Since the fee is paid by few members of the public for their choice numbers, therefore they should be given the opportunity to retain the same registration number even on the purchase of a new vehicle later.
4. Cabinet approved the re-development of Government Land at Police Bazar Shillong and for availing of loan from Housing and Urban Development Corporation Bank (HUDCO) for the purpose.
5. Cabinet approved amendment of the Meghalaya Goods and Services Tax Act 2017 by the issuance of the Meghalaya Goods and Service Tax (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021. The Central Government has brought certain amendments to the Central GST Act 2017 and in view of this, amendments to the State Act in order to effect corresponding changes made by the Central Act and to simultaneously implement the changes made.
6. Cabinet approved the proposal to frame The Meghalaya Forensic Science Laboratory Service Rules 2021. ( CMO).