Shillong ( Meghalaya ), Aug 29 : Commissioner and Secretary , Meghalaya, Dr. D. Vijay Kumar, has notified the re-opening of the state to tourists visting the state from outside w . e . f , Sept 1 as per the SOP given below :
A. Conditions for entry into the State:
1. Tourists who are fully vaccinated will be allowed entry into the State.
2. Tourists who are vaccinated with a single dose and minors in the age group of 11- 18 years who are accompanying adult tourists will have to produce negative RT,PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report which will be valid only if they have tested within 72 hours prior to their arrival at the entry point.
3. RAT test will not be valid for tourists entering the State.
4. Given the prevailing COVID-19 situation, it is advised that tourists even though
fully vaccinated but having symptoms should avoid travelling to the State. Such
symptomatic individuals, even though fully vaccinated, will be tested at the entry
5. Tourists should register on the Meghalaya portal or app and generate an e-invite.
B. Registration on the Meghalaya Tourism App and generating e-invite
1. An e-invite generated on the Meghalaya Tourism app is necessary to enter the State. This e-invite can be generated either through the Meghalaya Tourism portal (www.meghalayatourism.in) or through App available for both Android and iOS platforms.
Play store (Android): https://bit.ly/3Dqbrcg
App store (iOS): https://apple.co/3jmFLwk
2. A valid photo ID card needs to be uploaded on the Meghalaya Tourism app, including that of other members who are travelling in the group. Members travelling together can register and generate one e-invite.
3. It is mandatory to book at least one night stay (either hotel/ homestay/ guest house) for the first night and declaration of the complete itinerary for the e-invite to be generated.
4. If the tourist is staying as a guest of any family or friend in Meghalaya, then, the tourist shall declare the full address and contact details of the family or friend and the complete itinerary for the e-invite to be generated.
5. The e-invite will have to be produced to the officials at the entry points to the State by each tourist along with their valid photo IDs. The process of the entry is contactless, whereby the tourist can display the e-invite with the QR code on the mobile phone or a print out of the e-invite with QR code. A copy of the fully vaccinated certificate (either printed or in mobile) or negative RT-PCR/TrueNAT within 72 hours prior to arrival, is to be produced at the entry point.
6. Tourists can book all their tours through a registered tour operator (list available at www.meghalayatourism.in) of the State whenever possible. E-invites can also be generated by the registered tour operators.
C. Advisory for Hotels, Homestays, Guest Houses, Restaurants, Cafes, Tourist Spots, Tourist Taxis, etc.
1. To ensure safety of all tourism stakeholders of the State and tourists visiting Meghalaya, the staff of Hotels, Homestays, Guest Houses, Restaurants, Cafes, Tourist Spots, etc., are advised to be fully vaccinated or at least be administered with one dose of vaccine.
2. The Hotels, Homestays, Guest Houses, Restaurants, Cafes, Tourist Spots, Tourist Taxi drivers, etc., will be allowed to open/ operate subject to permission from the respective Deputy Commissioner after following the health protocols.
D. Protocol for Local Tourists for stay in hotels
1. Local Tourists from within the State who are fully vaccinated will be allowed to stay in hotels. They must produce the certificate of vaccination during the check in process at the hotel.
2. Local Tourists who are vaccinated with a single dose and minors in the age group of 11-18 years will have to produce a negative RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report which will be valid only if they have tested within 72 hours prior to their arrival into any hotel/guest house/homestay.
E. Protocol for visiting Tourist Spots, Restaurants, Cafes and Bars for all tourists (domestic, international and local)
1. All tourist spots will open as per carrying capacity limits and subject to opening permission given by respective Deputy Commissioners/Sub-Divisional Officers (Civil) of the Districts/Sub-Divisions.
2. Tourists (domestic, international and local) can access the tourist spots, restaurants, cafes and bars if they are either fully vaccinated or vaccinated with a single dose.
3. Protocol for opening of Restaurants, Cafes, Bars will be separately issued by the respective Deputy Commissioner.
F. Protocol for under 18-year-olds for all tourists (domestic, international and local)
1. For stay in hotels, a negative RT-PCR/TruNat/CBNAAT report tested within 72 hours prior to check-in is to be produced for those in the age group of 11-18 years.
Children aged 10 years and below are exempted.
2. Under 18 individuals accompanied with family will be allowed to enter tourist spots, restaurants and cafes if other adult members in the family are eligible to enter as per protocols laid in sub section E above.
1. For any queries, the Meghalaya Tourism Helpline Team (from 10 AM – 8 PM on working days) at +91-7640003050 may be contacted.