Guwahati(Assam), May 12 : The state will have more restrictions and strict containment measures from Thursday as Covid-19 cases in the state continue to surge ahead dangerously.
On Tuesday, 6,258 new cases and 85 fatalities have been reported, both of which are biggest single-day spikes so far since the first wave of the pandemic struck last year.
As per the fresh set of SOPs, curfew timings across Assam have been extended.
1. All Shops and Commercial Establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
2. Weekly Haats / Bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
3. All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities must provide quality virtual options. No Physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
4. All Offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days.
5. Government / Semi-Government Officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and Senior Executives in Non- Government Sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office up to 1 PM only for emergency and essential works. However, Points 4 and 5 will not be applicable for Organizations rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work.
6. In case the Test positivity of COVID-19 in any Area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such Areas as the Containment Zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
7. Marriages and Religious functions will be only Private affairs and be allowed with the presence of a Maximum of 10 (Ten) Persons. No reception Parties will be allowed post or Pre-Marriage.
8. Funeral / Last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 Persons.
9. All Religious Places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the Religious head of a Religious place or his representative may perform minimal Religious Rituals/ Prayers during this period of closure.
10. All Public Transport will be allowed to operate only up to 30% of seating capacity.
11. Auto Rickshaws, Cycle Rickshaws and Taxis shall operate with One Driver and Two Passengers.
12. Pillion Riding will be Totally prohibited in Two-Wheelers, except with Women and Children.
13. All Vehicles other than Government Vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an ODD-EVEN Formula to be decided by the Jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5 AM to 2 PM. However, this restriction shall not apply to Personal Vehicles used for Medical Emergencies.
14. There shall be a Total Ban on Movement of Individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM Daily, except for Exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021.