Guwahati (Assam) , Jan 23 : What could be more tragic than this fire incident when two kid bothers where charred to death when a fire broke out at their residence here this afternoon .
Two kid brothers – seven-year-old Iban Goswami and his four-year-old brother Ishan Goswami – were killed in a fire which broke out when they were playing on the first floor of the house.
Apparently , their parents were not there when the tragic incident took place .
The tragic incident took place in the Beltola area near BSNL office here .
The inferno spread to the entire house before the fire tenders could reach the incident site .
According to police the fire was caused by short circuit which led to a cylinder blast.
The kid brothers – Ivan (8) and Ishan (4), were students of Srimanta Shankardev Academy here and were suffocated to death after the LPG cylinder exploded due to the impact of the fire .
Ishan was due to celebrate his fourth birthday this evening with his friends and relatives but destiny stood as a barricade to this birthday party .
When the fire service personnel were able to control the fire , the charred bodies of the the two brothers were recovered from their bed inside the house .
The tragic incident has left people on the area in a state of shock . Banamali Goswami a resident of the area said , ‘ There cannot be a more tragic incident that this particular incident . What a way for Isan to die on his fourth birthday . Really God has been unkind to their parents . May their innocent souls rest in peace .’
A relative of the deceased said that we could do nothing despite hearing screams to save them as the fire engulfed the entire house within minutes .
Meanwhile , state Chief Minister , Sarbananda Sonowal has condoled the tragic death of the two bothers in the incident and has ordered Kamrup Metro DC for an investigation .
The dead bodies of the two bothers have been taken to Guwahati Medical College and Hospital for medical formalities .
Leave a Reply