Shillong(Meghalaya ), July 10 : In view of the number of COVID-19 cases in the East Khasi Hills district still very high and that the positivity rate above 10% and in order to safeguard the district from an uncontrollable surge in COVID-19 cases, D. C .East Khasi Hills , Miss Isawanda Laloo has imposed the following Containment Measures in East Khasi Hills District with effect from July 10 till further orders:
1. NIGHT CURFEW will be promulgated under Section 144 CrPC w.e.f 7:00 PM to 5:00 AM daily in East Khasi Hills District and there shall be total ban on movement during this time. Any unauthorized movement during curfew hours will be met with penalties. However, TOTAL CURFEW will be promulgated on every Sunday. Non-essential movement shall not be permitted on Sundays.
2. Political, public, social and religious gatherings including conferences, meetings & trainings, weddings and sporting activities are not permitted.
3. Inter-District movement as well as movement to and from Shillong Urban Agglomeration is not permitted without valid passes except for restricted public transportation as indicated in point .Private vehicles plying without passes will be liable for penalties.
4. Public Transport in East Khasi Hills will be permitted at 20% for urban and 30 % for rural areas and will be regulated as per this office order No.C&S.2/CVD/2021/ORD/190 dated 10th July, 2021. Only vehicles permitted to ply on the said day will ply. Vaccination status of the driver should be clearly indicated in the vehicle .
5. Opening of essential and non essential commercial establishments/shops/malls/other economic activities is permitted and will be regulated as per this office order No.C&S.2/CVD/2021/ORD/191 dated 10th July, 2021. All shops are required to indicate vaccination status of their staff in the shop premises.
6. In-Situ construction activities in East Khasi Hills are permitted with due permission from this office and the Sub Divisional Officers (C)/Block Development Officers concerned. However, other construction activities requiring movement of skilled manpower or labourers will be permitted only upon due application and permission from this office.
7. Home delivery/Takeaway services, e-commerce activities and courier services are permitted and will be regulated via order No.C&S.2/CVD/2021/ORD/192 dated 10th July, 2021.
8. Saloons and Beauty Parlours are permitted to open, subject to strict compliance to the Protocols issued by Health and Family Welfare Department vide Order No. Health.140/2020/9 dated 19th June, 2021. They shall apply to this office for prior permission or through the Incident Commander concerned, and furnish details of number of staff and vaccination status of all employees. The SDO (C) and BDOs concerned will regulate opening of the same in their respective jurisdictions.
9. Central Government offices and State Government offices are permitted to function at 30% strength.
10. All Banks and Post offices are permitted to open with limited staff. Banks shall close by 4:00 PM and Post offices shall close by 2:00 PM.
11. Funeral gatherings should be restricted to 10 persons only, with prior permission from this office.
Leave a Reply