Shillong (Meghalaya ), July 12 : In pursuance to this office order No. No.C&S.3/2009/PT.III/121, Dated Shillong, the 10th July, 2021 permitting saloons and beauty parlours to operate in East Khasi Hills and in view of the gradual easing of the lockdown that was imposed to tackle the COVID-19 situation in the State, the following health protocol for Saloons/Beauty Parlours is being issued as per the Guidelines given by the Health and Family Welfare Department No. Health/140/2020/9 dated 19th June 2020, for necessary information and compliance of all concerned :-
HEALTH PROTOCOL FOR SALOONS/ BEAUTY PARLOURS
1. Any workers who have symptoms like fever, cough and throat pain should not come to work. Similarly, customers with symptoms should not be permitted to come inside butshould be advised to get tested.
2. Everyone inside the saloon/ beauty parlour should wear N-95 mask or double mask (3- ply surgical mask with cloth mask) without fail. Mask should not be removed at any point.
3. All saloons/beauty parlours must have adequate facilities for hand washing/hand sanitization. All customers should enter only after sanitizing their hands.
4. All sa1oon/beauty parlour owners/workers would be responsible for maintaining physical distance between the customers, and avoid crowding at all times.
5. Only basic services like hair cutting/shaving would be allowed for now.
6. The procedure must not take more than 15-20 minutes. Longer procedures should be avoided.
7. People should not shake hands, come in direct contact or hug each other in greeting.
8. All barbers and beauticians must wear masks and gloves at all times. They must sanitize their hands, scissors, combs, before and after the procedure is carried out. Fresh blades and disposable gowns must be used for each customer. The cost of this protective gear can be added in the charges levied on customers.
9. The saloons/ beauty parlours must not allow those entering without masks or sanitising their hands.
10. Salons/ beauty parlour owners/ workers should get themselves vaccinated to protect themselves and their customers.
11. Clear signage VACCINATED or NOT VACCINATED in respect of all the workers should be clearly indicated in the shop premises.
12. The saloon/ beauty parlour should be well-ventilated and widows must be kept open to facilitate ventilation.
13. Regular sanitization of the saloons/ beauty parlours must be carried out before and after
business hours and also frequently touched parts like door handles/knobs are regularly
cleaned after every 1 or 2 hours.
14. There should be prominent health advisories displayed in the saloons/beauty parlours in local languages.
15. A token system or appointment system can be setup so that there is no crowding at the saloon.
16. Saloons/beauty parlours must encourage cash less transactions, wherever feasible to minimise direct contact.
17. Garbage and waste disposal protocols as per CPCB must be ensured. There must not be
any littering in their shops.
18. The people should be discouraged from sharing of cigarettes, bidis, chewing tobacco or betel nuts and leaves.
19. The entry and exit points should be kept separate, wherever possible.
20. Anyone found violating the protocols will entail closure of the shop.
Leave a Reply