Shillong(Meghalaya), May 3 : In view of the prevailing situation of COVID-19 pandemic and the DC, East Khasi Hills in an Order issued today has made the following arrangements for opening of essential shops at Iewduh during the containment period w.e.f 1st to 10th May, 2021.
Wholesale fish stall and vegetable shops will open daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, except on Sundays. Fruit shops will open on a rotation basis @ 8 shops per day from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and grocery wholesale shops will also open on a rotation basis @ 11 shops per day from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The Incident Commander, Zone-IV and the Syiem of Hima Mylliem will regulate the opening of the above shops.
Further, the Deputy Commissioner has informed that the following health protocols should be strictly followed by all concerned:-
1. The shopkeepers would be responsible for maintaining physical distance between the customers, and avoid crowding at all times.
2. People should not shake hands, come in direct contact or hug each other in greeting.
3. All customers should wear mask all the time while purchasing things from the market. They should practice hand-hygiene and physical distancing.
4. All shopkeepers and vendors must wear masks properly by covering their nose, mouth and chin parts of the face at all times.
5. The market committee under the Syiem of Hima Mylliem is authorized to levy fines on shop owners/people who does not adhere to the Covid-19 protocols or spit in open/public places.
6. Market committee must ensure that regular sanitization of the markets are carried out before and after business hours and also frequently touched parts like door handles/knobs are regularly cleaned.
7. Market committees must ensure that customers bring their own bags and avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible to minimize the chance of spread of the virus, as it lasts longer on smooth and non-porous surfaces in comparison to porous surfaces like cloth.
8. There should be minimal time spent by the customers at a shop. More exposure might lead to cross-infections.
9. Markets must encourage cashless transactions, wherever feasible to minimise direct contact.
Leave a Reply