Shillong (Meghalaya), May 5 : Around a dozen people from Assam, Meghalaya and Nagaland have been died after eating mushrooms collected from the jungles .
Six persons have died in Meghalaya, four in Assam and two in Nagaland.
The highest casulity has been six in Meghalaya.
Two more residents of Lamin village under West Jaiñtia Hills district after consuming poisonous mushrooms.
Earlier , two pied died on after eating the mushrooms gathered from forest around the village while 18 others had developed severe dysentery and nausea.
The WahehShnong of Lamin, Golden Gashnga said that SynranKhonglah (16) and LapynshaiKhonglah (28) succumbed to the effects of the mushrooms taking the death toll to four after the demise of KatdiliaKhonglah (26) and MorinsonDhar (40) .
Synran and Lapynshai passed at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS).
On Monday Mariaba Khonglah (14) died at North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) after battling for her life for almost a week taking the toll to 6.
Three others, including a seven-year-old boy are undergoing treatment in hospitals in Shillong.
A total of 18 families from three families at Lamin village under Amlarem Civil Sub-Division became critically ill after they consumed the poisonous mushroom, locally known as ‘Tit Bsein’, which they collected from a nearby forest.
The Meghalaya Home Minister tweeted, “Today 04/05/2020 1 more precious soul died in NEIGHRM due to consumption of wild mushroom on the 16/04/2020 from LAMIN village. Till date, 6 people died and 3 are still in Hospital including 1 who was discharged 2 days back and brought back to SHILLONG for Hospitalisation.”
In neighbouring Assam,four persons including three of a family died after consuming poisonous mushrooms in Charaideo district while on Saturday, three of a family died after consuming wild mushrooms at the Sapekhati area and one died on Monday at the Sonari area of Charaideo district.